The Wellington Youth Sailing Trust provides match racing training and skill development for youth sailors across the Wellington Region.
Our main purposes are:
- promoting and fostering the development of yachting and boating skills
- providing facilities for training and practical yachting and boating experience
- promoting and organising yachting and boating competitions in association with Yachting New Zealand and Royal Port Nicholson yacht Club
- recognizing excellence by the presentation of awards, or scholarships or in promoting yachting and boating ability of competitors and award winners
- acquiring and making available yachts and other boats and equipment suitable for training and developing appropriate skills.
Our Trust is affiliated to Yachting New Zealand.
In 2001 the Wellington Youth Sailing Trust was incorporated under the Charitable Trusts Act 1957. Charities Commission Registration # CC28467. Inland Revenue has advised that the Trust meets the qualifying criteria under LD3 of the Income Tax Act 2007 and therefore has donee organisation status. This means an individual or company can claim a tax credit for any donation made to the Trust.